"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Season of You and Me by Robin Constantine


Some of you know that I have a book reward system that I try to stand by. When I complete a few books I reward myself with a new one. Keeps me motivated ;)
I had finished book four in the Crossfire series and I was stumped for what to read next so I went to the bookstore with my mom.
When I book shop I have 3 stages.
Stage number 1: Skim shelves
Stage 2 Grab books I'm interested in and then pile them up
Stage 3: Go through and put half of the books back because I can't afford them.
I had my pile narrowed down to 3 and I asked my mom to choose to which she said no please don't make me. I made her. She chose this one.
The book is told in dual POV - yes I know you're all well aware by now that I love that. Our main peeps are Cassidy who recently broke up with her cheating piece of poop boyfriend and Bryan who after a dare gone bad no longer has the use of his legs.
Cassidy wants to get away from her skeezy ex boyfriend so she decides to go stay with her dad for the summer and be a camp counselor which is what initially made me attracted to this book. I only went to 7th grade camp but I did love it. I remember when I was little I wanted to be a counselor when I grew up but I never did it, so you could say I wanted to live vicariously through Cassidy. Bryan has been a counselor at the same camp for years and isn't going to let the lack of mobility keep him away, even though some parents have expressed a concern.
The two of them end up meeting and becoming really good friends. Cass doesn't treat Bryan like he has something wrong with him and I think that's really cool. I can't even begin to imagine what that situation would be like and for her to not coddle him is really great.
I haven't read a good young adult contemporary in a while so this was really refreshing. I will tell you that in the beginning I did struggle to get into it. I thought I'd be hooked from the start but I wasn't. However once I did get into it I didn't want to put it down.
If you are looking for a lighthearted and sweet read then I'd recommend you pick this one up ;)

Buy The Season of You & Me Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

Yours truly is a Book Depository Affiliate soooo if you'd like to buy a book with FREE SHIPPING and put some change in my pocket click HERE

Check out my playlist for The Season of You & Me on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment